*LIFE/SOCIAL SKILLS TRAINING
*BASIC PIANO LESSONS
TALENT SHOWCASE FINALISTS 2022
YOUTH ACTIVITIES & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
TEEN TALENT SHOWCASE
So You Want Your Name In Lights (SYWYNIL) TEEN TALENT SHOWCASE AND TEEN TALK WORKSHOP 2023
Rules, Regulations, and COVID Instructions
TALENT SHOWCASE OPPORTUNITY (NO FEE TO APPLY AND PARTICIPATE)
ONE (1) performer or group will be selected from each month’s talent showcase. Once selected, you will be expected to continue to perform as a FINALIST who will receive various prizes on the date of the awards, Saturday, May 27, 2023.
TALENT SHOWCASE AND WORKSHOP DETAILS
Saturdays from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM. MENTOR Teen Talk Workshop attendance is required in order to perform in the talent showcase. MENTOR Teen Talk Workshop starts promptly at 12:00 PM and the Showcase is conducted immediately after the workshop concludes.
TALENT PERFORMANCE POLICY
*Lyrics must not contain the “N-word” or any profanity.
*Lyrics must not make any reference to violence including guns, killing, suicide, and fighting.
*Lyrics must not make any references to degrading of females and gang influences.
* Performance time is 3 minutes MAX; DISQUALIFIED if performance exceeds the time limit.
* Pants must be worn at the waist
* No tears, rips, or holes in clothing
* Bare midriffs and sides may not show
* Clothing that is too tight or revealing is prohibited
* Hemlines of shorts, dresses, and skirts shall be no shorter than mid-thigh
* Shoulders must be covered at all times
* No hats, sunglasses, bandanas, or pajama wear
CELL PHONE POLICY
All electronic devices (cell phones, iPods, tablets, headphones, earbuds, etc.) must be turned off and/or set on vibration to avoid interference during performances.
TALENT SHOWCASE SECURITY POLICY
So You Want Your Name in Lights (SYWYNIL) Youth Mentoring Program is NOT responsible for any lost, misplaced, or stolen items at any time. NO WEAPONS PERMITTED OR ALLOWED.
COVID-19 PROTOCOL PROCEDURES (Required)
*Mask must always be worn, except during performance.
* Hand Sanitizing is required upon arrival at the venue.
COVID-19 NOTICE TO PARENT/GUARDIAN
* Facilities sanitization and cleaning prior to use.